Packing for a holiday is often the most tedious task involved in the process. While you may have every initial intention of packing light, it is always hard to stick to this plan.
The difficulty usually lies in what can fit in and what cannot fit. This is a particularly important when it comes to campervan travel, as the space for luggage in these vehicles is usually minimal.
Following these few simple tips should ensure the packing process runs smoothly and effectively for you.
- Before you even start to pack, make a list of the things you need. Start with necessities and then narrow down the comforts that you wish to take with you. While packing, don't throw anything in the suitcase that is not on the list and that you probably won't need.
- While packing, try to put the big things in the bottom of the suitcase, and fill in the spaces left over with smaller things like socks and underwear.
- Wrap bottles in plastic bags and this will protect your clothes from spillages and leaks
- Avoid taking activity equipment that you know will be available at the places you plan to stay.
- Don't just dump items in your suitcase. Fold them tightly, or alternatively roll them, as this will make them fit better.
- Don't take valuable things that you know you are probably not going to use. Why risk losing it for the off chance you will use it once or twice?
- Take along a little, well-sealed container of washing powder. This will allow you to wash small things such as underwear, reducing the amount you have to pack.
- If you are going to a warm, beach destination the most important thing to pack are your swimmers. You should also take an ample amount of sunscreen and a suitable beach towel.
- Remember to pack important documents separate from clothes. These may include passports, visas, medical prescriptions, travellers cheques and identification.